Teaching students to think critically / Chet Meyers.
- OCLC: ocm13821792
- ISBN: 1555420117 (alk. paper)
- ISBN: 9781555420116 (alk. paper)
- Physical Description: xv, 131 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Publisher: Jossey-Bass, 1986.
|Note:|| Includes index.
|Bibliography:|| Bibliography: p. 121-125.
|Contents:|| Part 1: Understanding critical thinking -- What critical thinking means across the disciplines -- Examining the process of critical thought -- Part 2: Steps in teaching critical thinking -- Developing students' capacities for abstract thought -- Fostering student interest and motivation -- Structuring classes to promote critical thought -- Designing effective written assignments -- Sharing, challenging, supporting: the personal side of teaching critical thinking -- Part 3: Building commitment to critical thinking in college -- Becoming teachers of critical thinking: a seminar model -- Why critical a thinking should be a part of every course.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Whitman College > Center for Teaching and Learning collection.
Thought and thinking > Study and teaching.
Thought and thinking.
Search for related items by series
- 1 of 1 copy available at ASLAN - Network. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Asbury University.
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.