The right to literacy in secondary schools : creating a culture of thinking
- OCLC: ocn233697347
- ISBN: 0807749192 (cloth : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 9780807749197 (cloth : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 0807749184 (pbk : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 9780807749180 (pbk : alk. paper)
xii, 203 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Publisher: New York : Teachers College Press ; Denver, CO : Public Education & Business Coalition ; Newark, DE : International Reading Association, c2009.
|Bibliography:||Includes bibliographical references (p. 187-192) and index.|
|Contents:||The right to think: giving adolescents the skills to make sense of the world / Baynard Woods -- Metacognition: how thinking about their thinking empowers students / Jennifer Swinehart -- Not my enemy, but my friend: how literacy serves content-area goals / Angela Zehner -- Access and power right now: from school to world / Marjorie Larner -- Mathematics teaching for understanding: reasoning, reading, and formative assessment / Paula Miller and Dagmar Koesling -- The scientist in the classroom: the place of literacy within scientific inquiry / Moker Klaus-Quinlan and Jeff Cazier -- Argument and advocacy: rigorous talk about culturally relevant text in social studies / Joanna Leeds -- Self-assessment of standardized test data: empowering students to plan and own their learning in language arts / Lesli Cochran -- Engaging classroom communities: belonging, rigor, and support as three pillars of a thinking classroom / Michelle Morris Jones -- Thinking, not shuffling: expecting all students to use their minds well / Wendy Ward Hoffer -- Independence is the greatest gift I can give: using the gradual release of responsibility framework / Jennifer Kirmes -- Time to think: using the workshop structure so students think and teachers listen / Samantha Bennett|
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Language arts (Secondary)
Thought and thinking -- Study and teaching (Secondary)
Language arts -- Correlation with content subjects
- 1 of 1 copy available at ASLAN - Network.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Asbury University. (Show)
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.